Tuesday, March 9, 2010

exploration 2

Hi guys!

In my second round of observations and interviews, I was able to learn more about the role the producer plays, as well as meet some different news anchors. I interviewed Maggie O'Mara and Don Nelson, and I also spoke with Mark Johnson and Carolyn Holly. Mark and Carolyn both just got back from the olympics so I was able to hear about their involvement with the community. I also observed as Mark Johnson and Carolyn prepared for the 10 pm news and changed their scripts slightly to fit their personalities, and to make the language easier to understand for the viewers.

It was interesting to me that the producer was only 24 yrs old. He seemed like a boy genius or something like that for being able to know so much about how to operate the whole show. I asked him if he minded when anchors would change around the scripts and he said that he didn't mind. He said they don't change the facts, just the wording. They also add little side conversations to keep the news entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment